7 Reasons Not To Wait To Sell After The Holidays
Around this time each year, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to sell their houses. Similarly, others who already have their homes on the market remove their listings until the New Year.
Let’s unpack the top reasons why selling your house now, or keeping it on the market this season, is the best choice you can make. This year, buyers want to purchase homes for the holidays, and your house might be the perfect match.
7 Reasons NOT To Wait To Sell Your Home Until After The Holiday Season
1. Buyers are active now. Mortgage rates are historically low, providing motivation for those who are ready to get more for their money over the life of their home loan.
2. Holiday home shoppers are serious. Purchasers who look for homes during the holidays are serious ones, and they’re ready to buy.
3. You call the shots. You can restrict the showings in your house to days and times that are most convenient for you, or even choose to only have virtual showings.
4. Decorations are okay. There's been a lot of debate over the years about whether or not you should decorate when your home is on the market. But, we have found that homes decorated for the holidays can be appealing to buyers.
5. Today, there’s minimal competition for you as a seller. Nationwide, there just aren’t enough houses on the market to satisfy buyer demand, meaning sellers are in the driver’s seat. Over the past year, inventory has declined to record lows, making it the opportune time to sell your house (See graph below):
6. The search continues. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the holidays. Buyers who have been searching throughout the fall are still on the lookout. Your home may be the answer.
7. Expect an influx in inventory. The number of listings will increase after the holidays, especially as we enter our "peak season" in SWFL. In many parts of the country, more new construction will also be available for sale in 2021, which will lessen the demand for your house next year.
More than ever, this may be the year it makes the most sense to list your house during the holiday season. Let’s connect today to determine if selling now is your best move.
Post a Comment