Southwest Florida Rainy Day Activities
It’s officially Summer, which means daily afternoon rain showers in SWFL. What’s there to do when the rain cuts your beach day short? Great question, there is lots to do! Here are a few options to keep in mind.
Museums & Arts
Southwest Florida has a museum and center for just about every interest. The categories below just sim the surface of all that’s available in the Greater Fort Myers, Naples, and Bonita Springs area, plus everywhere in between.
Transportation & History Lovers
From the original Model-T to an extensive collection of cars owned by the Collier family, there’s enough automotive eye-candy in SWFL to last you a few days! Plus, chug your way aboard a historic locomotive at the Railroad Museum.
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates - Click here to visit the museum website
- The Revs Institute - Click here to view the museum collection website
- Railroad Museum of SWFL - Click here to visit the museum website
Art & Entertainment Lovers
Dance performances, theater productions, musical concerts, circus acts, and more! Southwest Florida attracts and produces 5-Star entertainment all year long.
- Center for the Arts Bonita Springs - Click here to view the calendar of events
- Alliance for the Arts Fort Myers - Click here to view the calendar of events
- Sydney & Berne Davis Art Center - Click here to view the calendar of events
- Florida Repertory Theatre - Click here to view the upcoming productions
Science & Shell Lovers
Get hands-on experience with Southwest Florida science and learn about the unique organisms found in our local waters. The knowledge learned in our museums can make beach walks that much more interesting!
- IMAG History & Science Center - Click here to view the Imaginarium website
- Shell Factory & Nature Park (North Fort Myers) - Click here to visit the Shell Factory website
- Shell Museum (Sanibel) - View the Bailey-Matthews National Shell Museum website
Aside from the museums and arts listed above, Southwest Florida is home to a number of movie theaters playing the latest-released cinema films.
- Regal Cinema at Bell Tower Shops - Click here to visit the website for showtimes
- Regal Cinema at Coconut Point - Click here to visit the website for showtimes
- Regal IMAX at Gulf Coast Town Center - Click here to visit the website for showtimes
- Island Cinema on Sanibel Island - Click here to view the movies and showtimes
- Beach Theater on Fort Myers Beach - Click here to see what’s playing and showtimes
Get up and moving! There are several shopping plazas, malls and outlets in Southwest Florida. Here are a few to get you started. Don’t forget your walking shoes!
- Gulf Coast Town Center - Click here for a list of stores
- Coconut Point - Click here for a list of stores
- Bell Tower Shops - Click here for a list of stores
- Sanibel Outlets - Click here for a list of stores
- Miramar Outlets - Click here for a list of stores
Bowling & Arcade
Looking for something even more active than shopping?? How about bowling, or the arcade?
- Headpinz Bowling & Arcade - Click here to view three locations in SWFL
- Gator Lanes Bowling & Arcade - Click here to visit the website
- Beach Bowl - Located at 17651 San Carlos Blvd, Fort Myers Beach
- Pin Street - Located at 4140 Fowler St, Fort Myers